[wg5-3: 3592] H.323 annex D

ç‘º •Û•¶ chimura730 at AINET.OKI.CO.JP
Mon May 7 00:08:30 EDT 2001

G'Day Paul,

The text I currently have in the implementors' guide is:
2) Forced - indicates that the specified Terminations were taken
abruptly out of service and any established connections associated with
them may be lost. For non-Root terminations the MGC is responsible for
cleaning up the context (if any) with which the failed termination is
associated.  At a minimum the termination shall be subtracted from the
context.  The termination serviceState should be "out of service". For
the root termination the MGC can assume that all connections are lost on
the MG and thus can consider that all the terminations have been
subtracted.

Is this OK? I believe the text "may be lost" is a fact because you are
ensure of the state of the connection. I also believe the distinction
between the root and other terminations is important.

Cheers, Christian

listserv at mailbag.intel.com