DRQ and pre-granted ARQ

Francois Audet audet at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Thu May 3 12:23:14 EDT 2001

Hi, Gary:

I provided some comments before. So, the same comments remain true.

The point is that we can accommodate the service class within the framework
of other requirements along with the specific requirements that you have
proposed.

For example, priority can be: 1. MLLP, 2. Emergency Services (as proposed by
you), and 3. Other standards/proposals.

Similarly, quality proposed by you can also be accommodated: 1. IETF
(guaranteed, controlled, best-effort), 2. TIPHON (Best, High, Medium,
Best-Effort - as proposed by you), 3. Other ISTU-T SGs, and 3. Other
standard bodies/forums.

In addition, there are other things as well. For example, there is a
relationship (or dependency) between the priority and QOS  at the call
level. RAS Messages only provide the pre-call level scenarios. This also
needs to be translated into call level scenarios.

So, the point that I like to point out is this: Let us address this from the
general framework point of view so that all cases are satisfied including
yours without "hard-wired" to any particular solution.

AT&T is bringing contributions along this line for the QOS and others.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy