Switching to H.245

Sasha Ruditsky sasha at RADVISION.COM
Fri May 18 15:16:25 EDT 2001

Hi François

Probably I'll try to state you question in more generic way.

We know that it is possible to perform OLC operations after fast start
completed
and before another Q.931 message (like ALERTING or CONNECT) with fast start
is sent.
(the simplest probably is to close channel opened using fast start)
(3rd party pause and redirection is of course procedure of this kind)

What is the meaning of the fast start in such CONNECT message?

And here I agree with Chris that such fast start elements should be ignored.

So probably the text that may solve this and should be added should state
something like:
"H.323 entity shall process fast start elements only once during the call."

BTW Probably the same statement should be done about h245Address. I just
know one H.323 endpoint that established 3 H.245 connections when got the
h245Address in CALL PROCEEDING, ALERTING and CONNECT.

Sasha