IP Type of Service

Paul Sijben sijben at LUCENT.COM
Thu May 10 03:22:02 EDT 2001

I believe setting of ToS is very specific for the deployment of the gateway
initiating the call. I would be more in favour of a more generic QoS
description that can be used by the MG to determine which ToS value to set
using its local policies.

I suggested something like this in Pittsburgh but was shot down over the use
of the word "domain" or so and the contents of the request (generic QoS
description in SDP) seems to have been lost.

I'll be happy to try and write something like this up over the next few weeks.

Paul

--
Paul Sijben              Tel:+31 356874774
Lucent Technologies      Message:+31 848702874