FW: [VoIP-list] FW: [Fwd: AVT WG last call on RTP spec and pr ofil e]

Roni Even Roni_e at ACCORD.CO.IL
Mon Mar 19 01:42:59 EST 2001

Glen,
Were do I have to plea,
Roni Even
Acccord Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Freundlich [mailto:ggf at AVAYA.COM]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 8:54 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: FW: [VoIP-list] FW: [Fwd: AVT WG last call on RTP spec and
profil e]

I've made my plea to retain the G.723.1 payload format and codepoint, and
would suggest that other vendors do the same. We may have some data
collected from the IMTC H.323 interop test events that would reflect the
number of vendors that have successfully interoperated using G.723.1 (and
probably H.263, possibly the GSM coders), and might be able to provide those
numbers. But, it's better for vendors to identify themselves.

Glen

Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

 It's simply a matter of implementors reporting.  The key point is that the
Working Group Chair has to know exactly which features of the RFC were
tested and which not.  In the case of the G723 payload type, there are no
options to worry about: it's simply a matter of different implementations
agreeing on RTP payload type 4 and subsequently transmitting
RTP-encapsulated packets in accordance with G.723.1, using one frame (30 ms)
per packet or such other value as specified by the A:ptime attribute.