FW: [VoIP-list] FW: [Fwd: AVT WG last call on RTP spec and pr ofil e]

Tom-PT Taylor taylor at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Wed Mar 14 15:56:33 EST 2001

It's simply a matter of implementors reporting.  The key point is that the
Working Group Chair has to know exactly which features of the RFC were
tested and which not.  In the case of the G723 payload type, there are no
options to worry about: it's simply a matter of different implementations
agreeing on RTP payload type 4 and subsequently transmitting
RTP-encapsulated packets in accordance with G.723.1, using one frame (30 ms)
per packet or such other value as specified by the A:ptime attribute.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Coldren [mailto:coldrenr at AGCS.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 2:37 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: FW: [VoIP-list] FW: [Fwd: AVT WG last call on RTP spec and
profil e]

Francois,

I believe you are correct.  However, I am not familiar with how the IETF
determines
"interoperable implementations".  Is is simply a matter of vendors reporting
with whom
they interoperate or is there some IETF-sponsored interop event that needs
to be
attended?

Rex

Francois Audet wrote:

 Guys,This payload type = 4 for G.723.1 has been in H.225.0 for many years.
Don't we have many interoperable H.323 products using PT=4 for G.723?Won't
it be a major interoperability problem if this payload type is removed from
the A/V specification?????> -----Original Message-----