New Editor of H.225.0 and the H.323-Series Implementers Guide

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Thu Mar 22 12:13:25 EST 2001

Folks,

As many of you know, Rich Bowen has changed roles within the company and now
has little time to continue as editor of H.225.0.  I would like to thank
Rich for his hard work on version 4-- I know he spent a few nights without
sleep to finish that document!  (Perhaps that's the *real* reason he chose
to step down.)

Vivek Bhargava (Cisco), who has been working on H.323 for a number of years,
expressed an interest to assume responsibility for H.225.0v5.  In discussing
the work with him, he also expressed interest in taking the Implementers
Guide forward.  As many of you know, it is very hard to find an editor for
the Implementers Guide, so he was quickly awarded the job before he changed
his mind :-)

Seriously, Vivek is very thorough and pays close attention to detail.  I
believe he will serve well as editor of these two documents.  His e-mail
address is vbhargava at packetizer.com.  Feel free to call out his name as new
Implementers Guide issues arise.

Best Regards,
Paul E. Jones