Private telephone number in H.323v4

Callaghan, Robert Robert.Callaghan at icn.siemens.com
Wed Jun 20 14:59:18 EDT 2001

Francois,

See H.225.0 Section 7.2.2.4 (Called Party Number):

Numbering plan identification (octet #3, bit 1-4)
-********** Encoded following the values and rules of Table 4-9/Q.931. If
set to "1001" (Private Numbering Plan) in a packet based network originated
call, this indicates that (1)the E.164 address is not present in SETUP, and
(2)the call will be routed via an alias address in the user-to-user
information.

This says that the identification of the Private Number Plan requires the
call to be routed based on an alias address in the UUI.  This also means
that the Private Number Plan cannot indicate that a number conforming to a
private numbering plan is present in the IE.

It is possible to use the value indicating an Unknown Number Plan and place
a private number in the IE.  However, this is only a digit string without
any defined structure.

Bob
Robert Callaghan
Siemens Enterprise Networks
Tel:  +1.561.997-3756  Fax:  +1.561.997-3403
Email:   <mailto:Robert.Callaghan at ICN.Siemens.com>
Robert.Callaghan at ICN.Siemens.com