H.235 Security Blues

Paul, Manoj mpaul at TRILLIUM.COM
Thu Jul 19 15:15:17 EDT 2001

Ouch!  Another example of something being added to the standard without
anyone noticing something it's going to break...

The first thing to say is that a gatekeeper would be ill-advised to use both
pregrantedARQ and the direct call model.  At least in the routed model the
gatekeeper can kill the call (with endSessions and ReleaseCompletes!) - and
have the effect of DRQ.  IRQ & BRQ, though...  My suggestion would be to
clarify (!) the position in such a way that IF a call has been made using
pregrantedARQ THEN the CRV field shall be ignored in these messages.  I
believe this picks up all cases because pregrantedARQ arrived after CallID,
so CallID is always available for tallying things up...  As for what the CRV
field should be set to, is it fair to leave that as an exercise for the reader?

Regards,
Chris

--
Dr Chris Purvis -- Development Manager
ISDN Communications Ltd, The Stable Block, Ronans, Chavey Down Road

listserv at mailbag.intel.com