[H.323] h323-url url parameters

Chip Sharp chsharp at CISCO.COM
Tue Jul 17 16:46:54 EDT 2001

Hi

My understanding of preGrantedARQ call leg is that unsolicited IRR is the
ONLY RAS message that may be sent on such call leg.

To be honest this understanding based more on memory and intuition than on
something written in the standard.
The only written thing that I was able to find and that somehow "clarifies"
the issue is the following paragraph from  H.225.0 (explanation of
irrFrequencyInCall subfield of preGrantedARQ field in RCF:
-------------------------------------
irrFrequencyInCall - This indicates the frequency, in seconds, of IRR
messages sent to the gatekeeper when the endpoint is in one or more calls.
If it is not present, the gatekeeper does not want unsolicited IRR messages.
When the endpoint is sending these IRR messages, the call reference value
shall be made unique for the terminal, as it would have been generated in an
Admission Request. However, this is not a "normal" CRV, and cannot be reused
for further communication (DRQ, IRQ or BRQ). The call identifier shall be
the same as used in the call signaling channel messages for the related
call.
So, does this mean (DRQ, IRQ or BRQ) cannot be sent or they should be sent
with "normal" CRV?

Sasha