[Megaco] Package Dependencies

Christian Groves Christian.Groves at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 27 02:51:02 EDT 2001

G'Day Tom,

I do support multiple packages for the play, playcol, playrec
functionality.
I don't know that we need to introduce a new USES concept for this.
We shall produce an H.248 Annex M.4 for this. It can contain any
headings we like. We can update the annex at any time we like. Also
remember that the syntax is a property value and we can support what
property values we like. ie. a subset of the total. We audit to find out
what values are supported. Packages may also extend the values defined
in other packages.

So what I propose is a structure:
H.248 Annex K
1. Summary
2. References
3. Definitions
4. Introduction
5. Syntax
5.1 Basic
5.2 Extended 1
5.3 Extended 2
6. Package 1  Value: See Syntax Basic 5.1
7. Package 2  Extends: 1  Value: See Syntax 5.1 + Syntax Extended 5.3
etc..

(ie. we audit to find out what values are supported). Perhaps we can
define a functional extension with a name. We can then introduce a
property "Syntax Extensions". This way the MGC can find out exactly
which extension it needs to support.

Does this help any?

Christian