Rapporteur meeting of Q1/16 in Launceston

Patrick_Luthi at PICTEL.COM Patrick_Luthi at PICTEL.COM
Mon Jan 29 12:25:37 EST 2001

To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Question 1/16

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
       Mr. G. Wreikat, Vice-Chairman of SG16 <wreikat at hotmail.com>
       Mr. F. Tosco, Chairman of WP2/16 <Federico.Tosco at CSELT.IT>
       Mr. F. Bigi, ITU-TSB <Fabio.Bigi at itu.int>
       Mr. C. Grooves, Ericsson <Christian.Groves at ericsson.com>

De     Mr. P. Luthi, Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <Patrick_Luthi at pictel.com>

    Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Launceston
    Date:    29 January 2001

Dear experts of Question 1/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Launceston,
Australia at the kind invitation of L. M. Ericsson.

Please note that Q.D, F, G, 2-5/16 will meet concurrently at the same
place and has joint session(s) with Q.1/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

      7 (Wednesday) - 8 (Thursday) March 2001
      starting at 9:00 on the first day
      closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

      Novotel Launceston, Tasmania
      29 Cameron Street
      Launceston   Tasmania   7250
      Australia
      Tel: +61 03 6334 3434
      Fax: +61 03 6331 7347

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.1/16 Multimedia systems, terminals and data

   - Review of the items relative to H.324
   - Progress the work to revise H.324 Annex D
   - Progress the work on H.324 Annex Security
   ? Review of final text of H.324 Annex I (HTTP)
   ? Review of the items relative to H.320
   ? Align H.320 with new H.263 Annex X
   - Review of the items relative to T.120
   - Identify and organize the activities of Q.1 for the 2001-2004
     Study Period (Revision of H.320, H.324, H.223, etc)

3) Coordination with Q.D, F, G, 2-5/16

   - System aspects
   - Interoperability
   - Security

4) Interaction with other groups

5) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 26 February ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 28 February ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify P. Luthi as
soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Monday 26 February at the latest at
<luthip at pictel.com>. Document number (Q1-Ann) will be allocated. Early
indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector    Document Q1-A{nn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.1/16 Rapporteur Meeting                       {Date}|
| Launceston, 8-7 March 2001                                       |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents as
early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the meeting
(23:59 UTC, Wednesday 28 February or before) by posting them at either of
the
following:

- PictureTel ftp site (please advise Mr. P. Luthi of your posting)

         Site:       standard.pictel.com/lbc-site
         Login name: anonymous
         Directory:  dropbox

   - Q.1/16 experts reflector

        e-mail address: tsg16q1 at itu.int
        (http://www.itu.int/ITUT/com16/edh/subscribe.html)

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0103_Lauceston directory of
the ftp site.

5)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be all
electronic. Participants must bring along their laptop, 10BASE-T card and
cord according to the host's guidance.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please see the attached document provided by the meeting host
(http://standard.pictel.com/ftp/avc-site/0103_Lau/Launceston_info_a.zip).

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send the attached form to the
meeting secretariat by 19 February 2001:

   Nicole Crook
   Ericsson Australia
   C/- MP Events, PO Box 2182, Kew, 3101
   Victoria, Australia
   Tel: +61 3 9852 9941
   Fax: +61 3 9852 9961
   Email: nicole at mpevents.com.au

AND advise the Rapporteur of your attendance by e-mail: