H.323 Annex I

Baese Gero Gero.X.Baese at MCHP.SIEMENS.DE
Fri Jan 26 11:18:20 EST 2001

Dear Mr. Li, experts,

as you wished we kindly reviewed your paper. Here are our conclusions:
*       it does not incorporate both the conditions used in your simulation
        and the scenario we proposed in APC-1993 correctly
*       it does not incorporate the decisions of the group at the Geneva
meeting
*       relations to practical usage are missing
To replenish this paper with all the necessary information would take to
long.

We are running out of time. Therefor we completed APC-1993 with the few
missing values out of your paper. An additional section with the proposed
internet tests is now included. Please be so kind to supplement this section
with your suggestions. We hope you can finally agree on that joint scenario
document. Again, it is very important to have a complete scenario instead of

a collection of values to make our work tangible for everybody within the
group.

A few points are still under discussion. Using a rate control for example
does
not make much sense in our case. It is not part of any standard and can be
optimized to support one or the other method.
To regiment the length of slices is only in favour of the UCLA proposal.
Therefore
we don't want to see this restriction within the test scenario.

It is still impossible to implement the UCLA proposal with the documents
available.
We were asking you several times concerning technical obscurities but your
answer
is still missing.

We are supposed to use the standard ITU-T code of H.263 for the tests. As
far
as we aware there is no official version including all necessary parts of
H.263.
That is to say only H.26L can be used for the tests. If you know a place
where
the appropriate software is available please provide us with the link.

Best Wishes
Gero Baese

Gero Bäse
Siemens AG                  Tel.:  +49 89 636 53193
Corporate Technology      Fax: +49 89 636 52393
Networks and Multimediacommunication    CT IC 2

 <<APC-1993r2.doc>>