AVD-2036 and AVD-2087

Paul, Manoj mpaul at TRILLIUM.COM
Tue Feb 27 18:43:01 EST 2001

Hi Mike,

I don't understand why your are talking about passing the address of the secondary
MG to the MGC during a Failover.  My understanding is that the MGC is configured
with both the primary MG address and the secondary MG address (even though I did
not find any text on that).  If that is not the case then which parameter is used
to transmit the address the the MGC.

Also, I think the idea of having to Handoff to another MG or Failover to the other
MG may not be the most efficient one.  If we are to add a new reason then why not
also add a new method which would be "VersionNegotiation"

Method:               VersionNegotiation
TerminationID:    Root
Reason:                MG directed change / MGC directed change
Sent from the MG to the MGC, the MG initiates a protocol version negotiation.  Sent
from the MGC to the MG, the MGC initiates a protocol version negotiation.

Nancy

--
Nancy Devin
Software Designer