Including RTCP report packets in IRR

Even ,Roni roni.even at POLYCOM.CO.IL
Thu Dec 27 09:43:00 EST 2001

Paul,
The need for the report is not clear to me. Usually RTCP is used for
codec/encoder communication and not call control. What is needed by the GK
that is in the RTCP today. If the application is monitoring then maybe SNMP
has it already.
Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:paulej at packetizer.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 6:41 AM
To: Even ,Roni; ITU-SG16 at echo.jf.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: Including RTCP report packets in IRR

Roni,

Yes, you're right.  However, it seems reasonable that H.323 systems might
use SNMP, but we'd need agreement from both sides that that is the way to
go.  I would guess that the reporting to the GK is intended for some
decision processes... would you really prefer to have poll via SNMP instead?
I'd suspect you're not going to use traps.

Paul