ARJ reject reasons?

Rich Bowen rkbowen at CISCO.COM
Tue Sep 19 22:44:47 EDT 2000

Paul, Ilya,

I agree with Ilya on the invalidPermission and callerNotRegistered
choices.  My interpretation of the other choices would be:

securityDenial - Used if authentication or authorization fails based
on the tokens or cryptoTokens fields.

requestDenied - This reason is used if the GK peforms zone bandwidth
management, and the bandwidth required for this call would exceed the
zone's bandwidth limit.

resourceUnavailable - This can be used to indicate that the GK itself
does not have the needed resources (e.g., memory) to permit the call.
I suppose it could also be used if no gateways are available, for
instance if all gateways have indicated via the RAI that they are
"almostOutOfResources".  This would be less specific than
exceedsCallCapacity.

callCapacityExceeded - This has been renamed 'exceedsCallCapacity' and
indicates that the destination endpoint does not have the capacity to
accept the call.  This is primarily intended for use with v4 or later
gateways that report their call capacity to the GK.

- Rich

listserv at mailbag.intel.com