ARJ reject reasons?

Paul Long Plong at SMITHMICRO.COM
Tue Sep 19 18:36:18 EDT 2000

Ilya,

So you think that invalidPermission is the code to return if the call
violates some proprietary policy within the GK that is typically set by the
administrator of the network/GK?

Regarding resourceUnavailable, how does a GK know whether gateway
"resources" are available? Doesn't it just know whether an alias or set of
aliases are registered? How can it make this distinction? Or are you
referring to the capacity of the GW, in which case wouldn't
callCapacityExceeded be the correct reason to return?

Another respondent said that callCapacityExceeded refered to the capacity of
the other EP and not to the GK itself. I suppose it could be used for both.

Paul Long
Smith Micro Software, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya Freytsis [mailto:ifreytsis at EZENIA.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 5:02 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: ARJ reject reasons?

Paul,
I can offer my interpretation for some of them:
1.      InvalidPermission - GK may have policy rules for the different
categories of endpoints (e.g. who is allowed to use gateway services
etc.)
2.      CallernotRegistered - EP that is not registered with the GK asks
for
the permission to place a call
3.      SecurityDenial
4.      requestDenied(no bandwidth available) - no comments
5.      resourceUnavailable - e.g. no gateway resources available (my
favorite)
6.      callCapacityExceeded - GK has reached its call handling capacity
(esp. in GK routed mode)

Ilya Freytsis

listserv at mailbag.intel.com