Revised H.323 URL document

Callaghan, Robert Robert.Callaghan at ICN.SIEMENS.COM
Mon Sep 11 17:06:06 EDT 2000

Orit,

You still do not hear what I am saying.

So I repeat, in order to have something for November;

*       The H.323 URL is used as an H.323 alias.  The means that it has all
of the properties of an H.323 alias, and nothing beyond these properties.
To expand this, this alias is used in ARQs LRQs, SETUP, etc. messages
exactly the same as any other alias.  It is not used for any purpose beyond
that for which all other aliases are used in H.323.

*       There are no new functions, features, or capabilities added to
H.323v4 based on the addition of the H.323 URL as a new alias type.

*       Any other uses for the H.323 URL are for future study.

Can we agree to these statements for the H.323 URL in H.323v4?

If we agree on this, can the URL format be formulated to support these
statements?

If the URL can be formulated, can it be submitted and approved by IETF
before November?

Bob

Robert Callaghan
Siemens Enterprise Networks
Tel: +1.561.923.1756              Fax: +1.561.923.1403
Email:      Robert.Callaghan at ICN.Siemens.com