Support bi-directional channels in annex C fast start

Roni Even Roni_e at ACCORD.CO.IL
Thu Sep 7 06:29:24 EDT 2000

Paul,
I think that the original text was due to APC-1516 from 9902-Mon submitted
by Francois Audet. Any how the current text explains that the originating
side is responsible to open the bi-directional VC and signal it in the OLC
of the fast connect. The procedure is there in annex C and I do not see what
extra text is needed. I think that we only need to allow this mode in the
fast connect section. Bellow is the text from annex C - C.3.8.2

If the bidirectional usage is indicated, the receiving endpoint shall send
an openLogicalChannelAck
(or the openLogicalChannel in the case of Fast Connect) and then it must
watch for an ATM VC to
be opened by the other endpoint. When ATM VC is completed, it may then use
the reverse direction
for the media type indicated in the openLogicalChannel command. The endpoint
that initiates the
openLogicalChannel command is the endpoint that shall open the ATM VC.

Thanks
Roni Even