Annex H Editorship

Roy, Radhika R, ALCOO rrroy at att.com
Wed Nov 29 10:00:03 EST 2000

Hi, Everyone:

Let us extend our thanks to Ernst Horvath for taking the lead of the
editorship and Paul for his quick decision to fill that post. Jaakko
Sundquist has done a wonderful job to make the progress despite competing
proposals.

Now it is the time to revisit the fundamental issues to make a genuine
progress keeping in mind that we need to satisfy all requirements that have
been laid down so that we do not face the same situation what happened last
time.

As a first step, I would request the editor to go through all contributions
that had been submitted over the last two years (Q.13 Rap and SG16
meetings). From my side, I would provide all copies of AT&T contributions if
the editor does not have copies of those contributions. I strongly feel that
none of those contributions were taken into account in the present Annex H.
I do not like to bring the same issues over and again with new
contributions.

Issues will not go away unless we address all those issues properly.

If the editor wants to know what are all those issues, I would be glad to
help, if already not known.

Let us make a quick resolution for sake of making progress quickly.

One more point, we have now got a complete new Question in SG16 related to
mobility. Our objectives should always be to see the BIG picture.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T