Packetizer updated

Paul E. Jones paulej at ACM.ORG
Sat Nov 25 21:39:48 EST 2000

Chris,

There are applications where an IWF can register an EP from one domain into
another.   This allows automatic visibility of EP from one domain from
another.  In this case the IWF is registering not only itself but other EPs.
For this scenario, the third-party entity is the IWF, right?

regards,

charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Wayman Purvis [mailto:cwp at isdn-comms.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 6:44 PM
To: Agboh, Charles
Cc: ITU-SG16 at mailbag.cps.intel.com
Subject: Re: Third party registration/group registration

Charles,

If your application is a gateway, this is NOT third-party registration.  It
is
simply registration of a potentially large number of aliases.  The gateway
is
not registering on behalf of several H.323 endpoints - it is the edge of the
H.323 network as far as signalling is concerned.

This appears to be possible in version 4 (although probably not before) of
H.225.0 using the "additiveRegistration" field in RRQ.

Regards,
Chris

listserv at mailbag.intel.com