H.323 Annex O

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Wed May 31 13:01:34 EDT 2000

Hi, Glen:

It is nice to know that an H.246 SIP-H.323 Interworking APPENDIX will be
created.

Per earlier emails, it appears that this APPENDIX will be informational one.

With respect to presenting the contributions, I tried to bring contributions
including authors of the Internet Drafts for the SIP-H.323 Interworking in
the last SG16 meeting held in Geneva on February 2000. However, the US Dept
of State did not accept the contributions of the organizations (e.g.,
Universities) and companies who were not the members of the ITU-T SG16
(either independently or jointly with other companies who are the members of
the ITU-T).

However, in IETF, it has not been the case. That is why, the authors of
those internet drafts are working to create an Informational RFC.

Now it appears that the SG16 will also be creating an informational
APPENDIX.

It appears that the IETF's Informational RFC will be produced first.

Let us keep our eyes open how we can create a unified informational standard
cooperating in both standard organizations. Some suggestions have been made
in the earlier emails.

Our objectives should be to create one single standard for the same thing.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy

listserv at mailbag.intel.com