H.323 Annex O

Roni Even Roni_e at ACCORD.CO.IL
Sun May 28 06:43:49 EDT 2000

Roy,
The summary from Q14 states that SIP-H.323 interworking will be an appendix
that will map messages for simple audio calls. and would defines preferred
interworking mode. See the text bellow from TD-21b
Roni Even

6.1.1   APC-1776 - Terms of Reference for H.323 - Internet Interworking
[H.323-Internet Interworking Group] [joint with Q.12, Q.13]
Q.15 discussed some SIP matters - SDP does not currently provide enough
detail to describe H.263+ parameters.

Call signaling could be captured in an appendix to H.246. This appendix
would first address simple audio interworking, covering topics such as
mapping messages between H.323 and SIP. This is work that is currently in
progress in the IETF (not an official work item at this time, but an
unofficial task in the SIP working group). This appendix would define the
"preferred interworking mode" of H.323; we'd expect the SIP experts to
define the preferred interworking mode of SIP. We need to capture the
essence of each of the functional entities. Contributions are requested.

There was agreement that a new annex to H.323 to address how H.323 could
utilize a variety of internet services. Section 3 of APC-1776 is a good
basis for this work.

listserv at mailbag.intel.com