Current RTP-MIB definition precludes multi-unicast RTP sessio n?

Strahm, Bill bill.strahm at INTEL.COM
Wed May 3 11:46:25 EDT 2000

My comments inline

Bill Strahm        Programming today is a race between
bill.strahm@      software engineers striving to build
intel.com           bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
(503) 264-4632   and the Universe trying to produce
            bigger and better idiots.  So far, the
                        Universe is winning.--Rich Cook
I am not speaking for Intel.  And Intel rarely speaks for me

I see each one of these as seperate channels, with different feedback
streams.  Therefor participant A would have a RtpSessionEntry for A->B and
A->C, participant B would have B->A and B->C etc.  Yes this doesn't scale
very well as you add many participants, but then neither does sending
multiple copies of the same stream, so I think it is a wash.

To clarify.  The RtpReceiverEntry needs to have the feedback for just ONE
receiver anyway, so why not model it as multiple unicast flows (since that
is indeed what we have here)

I do not see a problem

Bill Strahm

listserv at mailbag.intel.com