On TD26 - Fast TCS and M/S negotiation in H.323v4

Pete Cordell pete at TECH-KNOW-WARE.COM
Sat May 20 13:57:17 EDT 2000

I note that TD-26 has been accepted to show how TCS can be conveyed in
parallel with fast start.

However, the example shows the use of call proceeding for receiving TCS back
from the remote endpoint.  This is not typically an end-to-end message, and
therefore how the procedure works with the gatekeeper routed model needs to
be addressed.

Possible solutions are:

1. Refer to the new text that says it is the responsibility of the
gatekeeper to forward any tunnelled message for which none is available
using FACILITY.  (There might be some objection from some to using a
facility message this early in the call setup process though.)

2. Restrict the tunnelling (and probably the fast start info) to Alerting,
Connect and Facility, which generally are end-to-end.  I believe this is
compatible with the latest procedures for deciding when fast start has been
ignored.

Which ever option is chosen, it would also be nice to have a picture for it
also!

Pete

Pete Cordell
pete at tech-know-ware.com