Mob ad hoc group progress
Roy, Radhika R, ALARC
rrroy at ATT.COM
Fri Mar 31 16:59:46 EST 2000
Hi, Paul and Mobility Group:
I like to see that it should be clarified via emails whether H.323 Annex I
and H.246 Annex E will be a part of the conference call. My personal
preference is not to discuss annexes I and E during the conference call
although email discussions will be preferred.
If Annex I and E are included in the conference call, I like to see the
actual time in the agenda when these items will be discussed so that people
can best use their time in joining the particular time slot for each Annex.
The proposal is as follows:
1. The upcoming conference call to be dedicated for H.323 Annex H.
2. Let both editors of H.323 Annex I and H.246 Annex E propose via emails
whether any issues to addressed.
3. If annex I and E are included in the agenda of the upcoming conference
call, I like to the time slots when these annexes will be discussed so that
people can join the particular time slots of interest. Alternatively,
separate conference calls can be arranged for annexes I and E.
4. Are editors or any members of the mobility group sure what would be the
scope of work (I guess that Annex E is stable for now - thanks to the
editor) for those annexes?
Paul: Would you please clarify what specific area that we need to discuss
for the next conference call for H.323 Annex H? My guess is that we may
start with intra-zone communication first. I am planning to bring
contribution(s) describing this for mobility management: Discovery,
Registration, Location Updates, and Call Establishment.
I would appreciate comments form all members.
Radhika R. Roy
H.323 Ad Hoc Mobility Group
From: Guram Paul-LPG019 [mailto:lpg019 at EMAIL.MOT.COM]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 9:47 AM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Mob ad hoc group progress
Hi Mob group,
See the following High Level Progress report. Please inform group of any
important aspect that I may have missed.
1. A conference call was held on 23 March 2000 with representatives from:
AT&T, Alcatel, Ericsson, Intel, Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Siemens.
2. The "All H.323 Scenario" was chosen to be studied and specified (out of
the many other scenarios presented). When this work has been completed then
the other scenarios will be specified. For the chosen scenario, mobility
related contributions are now solicited for:
Registration procedures, Gatekeeper discovery, Location
update, Call establishment, Mid-Call scenarios (e.g. supplementary services,
user interaction), Call release
Also it was decided to progress and add to the architectural work as
These contributions will enhance/form the base-line Annex H text for
paragraphs 6, 7 and 8.
3. Next conference call is scheduled for 17 April, again at 8 a.m. PST.
4. It is now a matter of real concern that nothing much has moved in the
Annex I (access and lower layer work). Any contributions to kick start this
Annex would be appreciated.
5. For H.246 Annex E, it is important that the companies look at the MAP
mapping for GSM and ANSI 41 contained in this annex.... to make sure that
any errors are identified before the Osaka meeting.
More information about the sg16-avd