Objective Testing of Speech Quality VoIP

Mike Buckley mikebuckley at ATTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 23 07:25:04 EST 2000

Apologies Mr Klaus's correct email address is:

Harald.klaus at telekom.de

Dear Mr Yamarthy,

Related work is underway in ETSI Project TIPHON and ITU-T SG12.
Measurements were made over VoIP connections at the recent SuperOp99 event
held jointly between TIPHON and IMTC.  Further tests are planned for October
2000.

An analysis was presented at the recent TIPHON meeting showing the
correlation between the actual subjective test results and various objective MOS
algorithms at present under study in SG12.  See Document 17TD135 presented
at the Sophia Antipol TIPHON Meeting March 2000.  This document is not
publicly available to not ETSI members but a good contact for this work would be
Harold Klaus, the author who is also the SG12 Q13 Rapporteur.

Harold.Klaus at Telekom.de

Regards,

Mike Buckley
Editor Annex N H.323