[Robustness] Teleconference 9AM EST USA, March 20

Maureen Stillman Maureen.Stillman at NOKIA.COM
Fri Mar 10 15:05:39 EST 2000

Hum... That kind of worries me.

It means that the burden is on the originating side to "guess" what
the terminator is likely to support.

I also agree that practically speaking, implementations normally
support multiples of 10 ms as the payload size (with the notable
exeption of Netmeeting).

However, technically speaking, if you advertize 30 ms as the maximum
payload size you can support, it implies that in order to comply with
the H.323 specification, you would support any value between 0 ms
(whatever it means) and 30 ms. I don't think many implementations could
do this. But that is a separate issue.

In any case, if we all understand that the originator is responsible
for accurately describing a decent subset of the capabilities it can
support, we probably should describe this in the spec because I
am convinced that most people will simply put the maximum payload
size they can support...