H.225 Annex G

Greg Herlein gherlein at HERLEIN.COM
Fri Mar 3 08:39:00 EST 2000

I agree wholeheartedly with Keith Drage's comment:

>Surely it also dishonours the agreement between the ITU-T and IETF groups,
>as they participated in agreeing the words that go in H.248/MEGACO, but do
>not apparently participate in discussing the profile that then gets
>subsequently published by IETF.

This attempt to sidestep the agreement with the ITU can only create bad faith
between the two organizations.  The Megaco wording was arrived at after lengthy
discussions and compromise on both sides.  The consequences of unilaterally
trying to pursue one line will ony result in the ITU going off in an incompatible
direction.  Is this what the market wants - an IETF package specifying text
encoding and an ITU Annex specifying binary?

This is not the way to resolve the text v. binary issue and it is not the way to built
good relations between the two Standards bodies.

Agreements should be honoured by both sides in the spirit as well as the letter.

Mike Buckley

____________________ Begin Original Message