H.225 Annex G

Michael Fortinsky Michael_Fortinsky at VOCALTEC.COM
Sun Mar 5 04:26:08 EST 2000

Hi Greg,

H.225.0 Annex G provides more than just address resolution. A short list of
the functionality Annex G supports includes:

- support for different interdomain architectures (e.g., hierarchical,
peer-to-peer, clearing house)
- service relationships between domain (the interdomain security mechanisms
are
  negotiated at the level of service relationships)
- static and dynamic provisioning of address information
- address resolution
- usage information exchange
- authorization of calls

Regarding your question about usage information, see the descriptions of
the UsageSpec (1.8.2.4.5)
and Pricing Information (1.8.2.3.2) structures, and the UsageRequest
(1.8.2.25) and UsageIndication (1.8.2.28)
 messages (and the related confirmation and rejection messages) for more
information.

Michael Fortinsky
Senior Program Manager, IP Telephony Group, VocalTec Communications Ltd.
Email: mike at vocaltec.com      Tel: 972 9 9707768      Fax: 972 9 9561867

Greg Herlein <gherlein at HERLEIN.COM> on 03/03/2000 03:39:00 PM

Please respond to Mailing list for parties associated with ITU-T Study
      Group 16 <ITU-SG16 at mailbag.cps.intel.com>