Mob ad hoc group progress
lpg019 at EMAIL.MOT.COM
Fri Mar 31 09:47:01 EST 2000
Hi Mob group,
See the following High Level Progress report. Please inform group of any
important aspect that I may have missed.
1. A conference call was held on 23 March 2000 with representatives from:
AT&T, Alcatel, Ericsson, Intel, Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Siemens.
2. The "All H.323 Scenario" was chosen to be studied and specified (out of
the many other scenarios presented). When this work has been completed then
the other scenarios will be specified. For the chosen scenario, mobility
related contributions are now solicited for:
Registration procedures, Gatekeeper discovery, Location
update, Call establishment, Mid-Call scenarios (e.g. supplementary services,
user interaction), Call release
Also it was decided to progress and add to the architectural work as
These contributions will enhance/form the base-line Annex H text for
paragraphs 6, 7 and 8.
3. Next conference call is scheduled for 17 April, again at 8 a.m. PST.
4. It is now a matter of real concern that nothing much has moved in the
Annex I (access and lower layer work). Any contributions to kick start this
Annex would be appreciated.
5. For H.246 Annex E, it is important that the companies look at the MAP
mapping for GSM and ANSI 41 contained in this annex.... to make sure that
any errors are identified before the Osaka meeting.
More information about the sg16-avd