One step at a time...

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Sat Jun 10 15:05:01 EDT 2000

Wolfgang,

The Remote Activation procedures (activateDiversionQ.inv) were intended to
be used for remote activation.
For local activation of diversion at the endpoint, activation is of local
significance only and is thus out of the scope of the recommendation.
However, the Remote Activation procedures may be used for activation of
diversion from a activating/served endpoint at its lokal GK. This has been
introduced in the late phase of H.450.3 standardization within clause 9.2.2.
>From the signalling point of view it is a regular H.450 non call related
SETUP including the activateDiversionQ.inv that is sent from the
activating/served EP to the GK.

Regards,
Karl Klaghofer

listserv at mailbag.intel.com