AW: TD-54a/Osaka: New ReleaseCompleteReason for Annex M?

Klaghofer Karl ICN SIB NL D1 Karl.Klaghofer at ICN.SIEMENS.DE
Mon Jun 19 05:48:07 EDT 2000

Rich,

A new tunneling specific H.225.0 ReleaseCompleteReason would be valuable to
be received at an ingress GWY from the egress GWY.

However, regarding SCN  mapping rules of such a new ReleaseCompleteReason to
Cause IE, I do not like any of the proposed values:

*       Cause 88 "incompatible destination" is not suitable.
*       Cause 111 "Interworking, unspecified" would sound good.  However, in
case of Annex M1, a QSIG PINX would interpret Cause 111 as "Protocol error,
unspecified" (this is what Cause 111 is defined in QSIG).
*       Cause 63 is not really suitable since tunneling is not a service or
option requested by the SCN (e.g. QSIG side).

Regards,
Karl

listserv at mailbag.intel.com