On TD26 - Fast TCS and M/S negotiation in H.323v4

Paul Long Plong at SMITHMICRO.COM
Tue Jun 6 11:28:59 EDT 2000

Rob,

Simply put, the _proposed_ changes would "break" H.323. Therefore, they must
be rescinded. How do you propose we resolve this issue? Remember, "The
calling endpoint shall not include both a fastStart element and encapsulated
H.245 messages in h245Control in the same Setup message..."

Paul Long
Smith Micro Software, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Callaghan, Robert [mailto:Robert.Callaghan at ICN.SIEMENS.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 10:12 AM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: On TD26 - Fast TCS and M/S negotiation in H.323v4

Paul,

I was afraid that this might happen.

The changes under discussion were agreed to in Osaka, with the
participants
understanding the risks.  To not include it in v4 would be a substantive
change from the agreed content which I challenge as being beyond the
discression of the editor to make editorial changes.

There is a real problem in that keypad information must be sent before
the
connect message.  This is needed to support network services in the U.S.
Because the H.245 rules require the exchange of TSC and master-slave
before
any other messages may be sent, there is a significate delay after fast
connect before keypad digits may be sent.  In Osaka, several proposal
were
submitted to solve this and other needed negotiation problems.  The
agreed
solution was the proposal for which you have reservations.  This is
needed
in the real world.

PLEASE! find a solutions that will not remove these changes!

Bob

listserv at mailbag.intel.com