Draft versions of H.323v4, H.225.0v4, H.323v4 Annex D, and the Implementers Guide ready for review

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Fri Jun 30 06:42:11 EDT 2000

Folks,

At long last, Rich Bowen and I have been able to complete the initial
editing work for the H.323v4 and H.225.0v4 documents.  I believe that most
of the work is behind us, but I want everybody to review these documents
before we finish the final edits and present them to the TSB.  The only
editing work that remains (at least in H.323v4 and Annex D) are minor
editorial issues.

Please post comments to the ITU-T SG16 mailing list with the subject prefix
"[V4]".  Also, I'd like to schedule a conference call for interested parties
on Friday, July 7 at 11AM U.S. Eastern Time (GMT - 5).  If you are
interested in going through the documents, please contact me before that
date and we'll set up a conference bridge for the right number of people and
go through an issues.

http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/drafts/h225v4h_wp_draft.zip
http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/drafts/h323v4.zip
http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/drafts/H323_annex_d.zip

I have one open issue that I definitely want to resolve before the white
paper is produced, although we could wait if we absolutely had to-- it is an
issue that affects H.323v3, too, and is detailed at the top of the H.323v4
document.  I consider it significant as H.323v3 and H.323v2 interoperability
is currently impaired.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Once we get the
initial review complete, we will complete the edits and send them to the
TSB.

I also have a complete up to date Implementers Guide for H.323v3:
http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/drafts/H.323v3_ig.zip

Comments are certainly welcome, but it is not necessary to review that
document immediately.

Best Regards,
Paul E. Jones

listserv at mailbag.intel.com