Editorial comments to H.225.0

Espen Skjæran (ETO) Espen.Skjaeran at ETO.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Jun 5 12:19:47 EDT 2000

Rich,

I have noticed that some of the meanings/descriptions has changed merely as the new ASN.1 structures for the ServiceControl has been extended to what was in the original proposal. Unfortunately, there was no time to discuss this in Osaka.
As the editor, I hope you would consider making some minor changes before issuing the white paper. I've added a document with change marks which suggests improvements for these. I believe these changes are purely editorial.

-       The ASN.1 structure, ServiceControlSession, should have change marks for possible extensions. It's my fault, I omitted these in the original proposal.
-       The definition of the ServiceControlSession structure is placed in the SCI message defintion. It should be placed in the common section.
-       The examples in the definition for serviceControl in ARJ and ACF are copied directly from other messages, but are not relevant for the call state/model.
-       How is the structure sent without a URL, for "close"? With a 0-length URL? I propose a separate "null" tag.
-       The name "ServiceControlAddress" is no longer covering as it also now holds actual content for service control. I propose it should be replaced "ServiceControlResource" or just "ServiceControl" or something?
-       The textual description of the ServiceControlSession and all messages must be modified to also contain "in-band" content

Another, not-so-editorial issue is the addition of the "result" tag in SCR from the 248 packages that was added in Geneva. As the SCI may contain several ServiceControlSession structures, I don't think it is clear what they apply to. The SCR message was originally added just to compensate for packet loss, as an application-level acknowledgement is something very different (and in the case of HTTP and multi-format content, can't really be known until the end.)
 <<h225changes.zip>>
        Regards,
        Espen