H.225 white draft - more

Terry L Anderson tla at LUCENT.COM
Mon Jul 31 11:21:01 EDT 2000

as a follow on to my previous question -

It would seem useful to have featureSet in RRQ rather than only in ARQ.
This would allow desired and needed Features to be indicated at registration
time.  If the features are needed for all calls and not available this would
allow determining this before the first call.

And it should be in RCF so that the gatekeeper can indicate to the GW
features that it desires or needs.  For example, a GW might indicate in RRQ
that is supports feature "A" and GK might indicate in RCF that feature "A"
is needed (thereby indicating that feature-A-specific GenericData should be
included in ARQs).

featureSet is not currently in either RRQ or RCF, so currently such
negotiation can only occur in ARQ/ACF.  The later is useful for negotiating
per-call features, but cannot indicate all-call needs or affect genericData
to be included in ARQ's.

Terry L Anderson              mailto:tla at lucent.com
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Pager:800.759.8352 pin 1704572   1704572 at skytel.com