Deficiency in Annex M, specifically M.2?

Daniel Eskenazi deskenaz at CISCO.COM
Fri Jul 7 15:40:06 EDT 2000

Hi Francois,

Are you saying that even if the OID hierarchy is underneath
ITU H 225, it is still not advisable to enumerate non-ITU variants?
I am not very knowledgeable about OID manners so I didn't realize
this is frowned upon.

Regarding variants for QSIG, I suppose you could have a complicated
OID hierarchy underneath Annex M (1) that lists the version for each
functional area (basic call, generic protocol, supp services, etc).
There's no reason the hierarchy can't be different underneath each
Annex M protocol, is there?

My original concern was for ISUP - I take it the ability to
discriminate version(s) is important for QSIG as well?

Thanks,

Daniel Eskenazi

Daniel Eskenazi   .|.    .|.     dve at cisco.com OR deskenaz at cisco.com
Cisco Systems  ..::|::..::|::..  919-472-3891

listserv at mailbag.intel.com