Comments on H.225v4 and H.323v4

Pete Cordell pete at TECH-KNOW-WARE.COM
Fri Jul 7 05:12:54 EDT 2000

Paul,

The data carried is opaque to 225.  However, it is fundamental to the actual
features.  The construct that used to carry this data was a package.  The
term package captures the idea of a multiplicity of data associated with a
feature, and also could imply associated procedures.  I do not want to loose
that in any re-naming.

All you have to do is read the start of the description in 323 to find out
that it is mighty confusing calling something a parameter which itself
contains multiple parameters.  For this and the other reasons mentioned in
earlier e-mails, the change to genericParameter does not clarify matters.

Hence, the last suggestion is for:

    genericFeatureData

or simply:

    featureData

(The generic was there merely to follow on from your use of generic in
genericParameter.  We don't mind whether is there or not.)

BTW, Thanks for your statement of support for us trying to get the name
right.  However hopefully we are not fussing with each other, but simply
trying to define a clear standard with tight time scales.

Pete.

Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware
pete at tech-know-ware.com