Reference which version of Q.931, etc.?

Francois Audet audet at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Thu Jul 6 13:37:43 EDT 2000

Francois,

I do not know of any impact directly.  However, it will be necessary to
verify what the impact might be, if any.

As an additional though, Q.931 supports two Calling Party IEs.  Do we need
two calling party structures in ASN.1 for equivalent support?

I am not sure.

I tought the 2 Calling Party IEs are only use when one is
public-network-provided (i.e., verified by Ma Bell) and the other is "user"
or "private-network" provided. In that case, it might be sufficient to only
use the information element (the 2 of them) since it will always be E.164
numbers (at least for the E.164 number). I could see 2 IEs (one with the
verified E.164 number, the other with the un-verified user-provided number),
or 1 IE (with the verified number) and 1 ASN.1 with the private number.

What do you think?