[H.323 Mobility:] Usage of H.225 Annex G in H.323 Annex H

Jaakko Sundquist jaakko.sundquist at NOKIA.COM
Tue Jul 25 09:19:14 EDT 2000

Hi all,

As the Mobility AHG members know, the idea of using the H.225 Annex G
(Communication between Administrative Domains)protocol in H.323 Annex H has
been brought up many times in the discussions. So far, we haven't, however,
made any decision or even exhaustive proposals for its usage. Now, the next
thing I would like to see in the next draft of Annex H would be the
refinement of the information flows and the messages used in the flows and
at this point I would like to see what the reaction of the AHG members as
well as anyone interested in the topic to the usage of H.225 Annex G
protocol would be.
The more I have refreshed my memory and knowledge about H.225 Annex G, the
more I think that the protocol would be suitable for use in H.323 Annex H
(some additions to the protocol would surely be needed). I'm planning on
writing an MD contribution for the Mobility Management procedures using the
actual H.225 Annex G protocol and if it seems after discussion on the
contribution that people are in favor of using the protocol, I'll add this
stuff in the next draft annex.

So, at this point I would just like to see your overall comments about the
usage of H.225 Annex G.

Jaakko Sundquist           *
+358 50 3598281            * Audere est Facere!
jaakko.sundquist at nokia.com *

listserv at mailbag.intel.com