[Robustness] Minutes of the 7/20 call

Terry L Anderson tla at LUCENT.COM
Mon Jul 24 17:42:48 EDT 2000

Attendence (correct me if I missed anyone):
Terry Anderson - Lucent
Maureen Stillman - Nokia
Sasha Ruditsky - Radvision
Archana Nehru (and another?) - Trillium

We discussed the 7/11 draft and the following points were made:
10.1 Detecting Failure - KeepAlive
- callIdentifier should be optional
- for multiplexed channels, CRV should be set to 0 and callIdentifier
omitted.
- the need for keepAlive in Method B may be unclear

10.2 Transport Address and ...
-the new fields are not needed in Alerting and Call Proceeding.

10.3 Sychnronizing State
-section is not needed.

11.3.1.4 An old TCP Connection Closure
- I may have missed a point in this section.  If you raised an issue
here, please bring it up again.

ASN.1 changes
- RecoveryCallSignalPoint should be SEQUENCE OF SEQUENCE
[The current white draft of H.225.0v4 has only SEQUENCE of has SEQUENCE
OF RecoveryCallSignalPoint in each message so I believe we do NOT need a
change]
[I also want to change the name to BackupCallSignalAddress to better
match our text]

11.5
- we need a similar SDL for Method B.

12 Method B: State Recovery...
- clarify lack of need for KeepAlives

12.3
- detecting failure for case where backup establishes connection to a
neighbor that has not yet detected failure.

I also changed all instances of
"Fault Tolerant Repository" to "Shared Repository"
"element" or "component" to "entity"
"IE" or "element" when referring to a part of the ASN.1 structure to
"field" to be consistent with the language H.323 and H.225 are trying to
move to.

I checked our changes in the white draft of H.225.0v4 and removed all
our ASN.1 that has already been incorporated.  I now show only changes
that are still needed.  I have not yet done the similar check with
H.323v4.

A new draft, addressing most of the above, is available at:

 ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/Incoming/Robustness-AHG/AnnexRdraft0720.doc

We will continue our discussion at our future calls:
Thursday:  July 27, Aug 3
11:00 EDT (15:00 UT) for 2 hr
Phone: 1 888 559 7255 (calling from US)
Phone: 1 908 860 0000 (calling from outside US)
code: 531480

Terry L Anderson              mailto:tla at lucent.com
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Pager:800.759.8352 pin 1704572   1704572 at skytel.com
Lucent Technologies/ Voice Over IP Access Networks/ Applications Grp
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla