H.323v4 and Annex D

Francois Audet audet at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Wed Jul 19 14:58:37 EDT 2000

Hi all,

H.323v4 Annex D refers to an H.245 codepoint (t38FaxTcpOptions) that is only
present in H.245v7 and not in H.246v6.

How do we fix this? I think it is too late to fix H.245v6 isn't it? The
alternatives would be:

*       Require H.245v7 for H.323v4, instead fo H.245v6
*       Pull out Annex D of H.323 and make it require a different version of
H.245. (Extremely bad idea since the Annex has a lot of other useful
material)
*       Pull out the bidirectional TCP thing we added on-the-spot at the
last meeting. At least until the next revision.

Any views? Am I missing something?

Also, there is a reference to something called t38Capability in Annex D: it
should be t38Fax. (This is editorial).

-----
François Audet  Tel:+1 408 565 5675  <mailto:audet at NortelNetworks.com>
mailto:audet at NortelNetworks.com
Nortel Networks Fax:+1 408 565 2375  <http://www.nortelnetworks.com/>
http://www.NortelNetworks.com