Calling Party Number

Klaghofer Karl ICN EN HC SE 81 Karl.Klaghofer at ICN.SIEMENS.DE
Thu Jul 6 15:37:16 EDT 2000

Francois,
Some further thoughts on this issue,

A calling party may provide both E.164 number and PNP number within H.323
(applies also in case of calling party being in SCN (e.g. PBX).
I agree, the E.164 address should be in H.225.0 Calling Party Number IE; the
PNP address should be within the
Setup-UUIE.sourceAddress.partyNumber.privateNumber field.

A second E.164 number - if received from the SCN  - may be sent further by
an ingress GWY within a second H.225.0 Calling Party Number IE if the two
calling party number option is supported.
The alternative to map this second E.164 number received into
Setup-UUIE.sourceAddress.partyNumber.publicNumber field is not recommended,
since we currently in H.225.0 have the problem that the
SetupUUIE.presentatioIndicator and SetupUUIE.screeningIndicatir always apply
to all alias addresses in Setup-UUIE (PNP, E.164, etc) which might be a
problem.

Furthermore, you may want to provide any kind of modified/prefixed calling
party number (e.g. by GWY or GK). This should then be placed within
Setup-UUIE.sourceAddress.dialledDigits field.

Regards,
Karl