[V4] H.323 URL

Orit Levin orit at radvision.com
Wed Jul 5 12:23:38 EDT 2000

1) I agree with
"An H.323 entity may accept any valid URL that it understands, but should
support the H.323 URL as defined in this section.''
I am not sure that it should be in this specific place in H.323v4, because
it invites more questions then clarifies the H323-URL topic, ... but I will
not object.
2) TD-40a defines user without "1*" on purpose, keeping the possibility to
have an empty user defintion. In this way both user and host are "optional",
but you can exactly parse and understand their meaning. This may be useful
in Discovery Procedures (as mentioned in TD-40a).
3) Use of DNS technology is the main reason...  It is not  the only one...
Agreed, of cause. Still, a short "motivation" phrase to be included into
H.323v4 is desired. (I also agree that Annex O should describe the
recommended procedures :-)
4) "Note 4" says "The H323-URL is defined to use a form without brackets".
5) I completely agree that IPv6 addresses should be included.   The
definition seems syntactically correct to me... till somebody finds an
error.
6) In regards to "escaped". I had the same dilemma while writing the
original APC-1775. "One of the RFCs " summarizes the explanations already
existing in referenced by us general RFCs. So, I think, we don't need a
summary here.

Best Regards,
Orit Levin
RADVision Inc.