[QOS] New reject reasons in QOS proposal

Rich Bowen rkbowen at CISCO.COM
Sun Jan 30 19:05:31 EST 2000

[Resending with the correct address for itu-sg16.]

Mr. Roy,

I'm working on the Rapporteur's TD that incorporates your QOS contributions
from the Red Bank meeting as previously discussed and I have a question
about the reject reasons related to QOS.

APC 1668 indicates that "the rejectReason field of the ARJ message should
also be extended to include the parameters related to the bandwidth and
transportQOS."  Currently the AdmissionRejectReason structure has a choice
"requestDenied" that indicates, according to the comment in the ASN.1, that
the requested bandwidth was not available.  Also there is a choice
"qosControlNotSupported" that appears to indicate that the GK concluded
that either it or the endpoint did not have the QOS capabilities required
to make the call.  Do these two fields meet the requirements, or did you
have something else in mind?

Also, APC 1669 indicates that "the rejectReason field of the BRJ message
should also be extended to include the parameters related to the
transportQOS."  The BandRejectReason structure currently defines a choice
of "insufficientResources" that I assume is typically used to indicate that
the requested bandwidth is unavailable.  Were there additional details that
you had in mind?

Copying the itu-sg16 list since there may be other interested parties.

Thanks,
Rich