Looking for the source of text in H.323 Implementers Guide

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at TIES.ITU.INT
Wed Jan 26 16:30:09 EST 2000

Folks,

I am trying to find the author of some text that appears in the H.323-Series
Implementers Guide approved in May 1999.

The text in question is in section 6.3.4.  The description of the problem in
the IG is:

-----
The Fast Connect procedure allows endpoints to determine certain
capabilities of peer endpoints in the absence of the full disclosure
provided by the H.245 capabilities exchange procedure.  This should be
reflected in H.245 section 7.2.1, (terminal capability messages) Overview
and section 7.3.1, Open Logical Channel under the description of the
dataType parameter, where the following text should be added.
-----

The specific text that has been added is:

-----
If an endpoint has not indicated non-null receive capabilities through a
Terminal Capability Set message, capabilities not previously indicated by
the endpoint may be contained in the dataType parameter.  In this case, the
receiving entity shall consider that the sending endpoint has the specified
capabilities, and furthermore, simultaneous capabilities may be indicated by
the dataType of any logical channels associated with this request through
the use of the associatedSessionID parameter.
-----

and

-----
If an endpoint has not indicated non-null receive capabilities through a
Terminal Capability Set message, capabilities not previously indicated by
the endpoint may be contained in the dataType parameter of an Open Logical
Channel message.  In this case, the receiving entity shall consider that the
sending endpoint has the specified capabilities, and furthermore,
simultaneous capabilities may be indicated by the dataType of any logical
channels associated with the Open Logical Channel request through the use of
the associatedSessionID parameter.
-----

If you are the author of this text, or if you can tell me the source of this
text, please contact me.  As far as I can tell, this text first appeared in
TD-14 of the Monterey meeting in February 1999.

Best Regards,