[Fwd: Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-singh-sip-h323-00.txt,.ps]

Edgar Martinez [1] martinze at CIG.MOT.COM
Fri Jan 14 08:41:09 EST 2000

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-singh-sip-h323-00.txt,.ps
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:52:20 +0100
From: Paul Sijben <sijben at LUCENT.COM>
To: TIPHON at LIST.ETSI.FR

I have been reading this draft and have been both puzzled and pleasantly
surprised.

I have been puzzled over some of the statements that are made on H.323,
do not recall that there is a limit on the sample frequency on G711 in
H.323, the draft claims its fixed to 8000. (Could someone resolve this?)

The authors also seem to forget that there is H.323v4 now as well as the
FastStart option... so the resulting call flow uses very many message
exchanges, this is not necessary is it???

I also have been puzzled by the authors proposing to make a SIP-H.323
gateway whereby the H.323 side looks like an H.323 terminal, in some
cases
an H.323 gatekeepr seems more appropriate.

I have been pleasantly surprised in that the authos basically use the
same
method of interworking as we have been looking at in the DTS02003
information flows. So either we are all wrong or all right :-)

Paul

--
Paul Sijben              Tel:+31 356874774
Lucent Technologies      Message:+31 208702874