Lessons learned from H.248/Megaco collaboration

Greg Ratta gratta at lucent.com
Mon Feb 28 19:16:45 EST 2000

Hi, Everyone:

Like Mike Buckley, Bob Callaghan has also made excellent points. Both have
provided due credits to the people who worked hard to make it happen. In the
end, the whole world has been benefited. The final credit belongs to all
people of the two great standard organizations: ITU-T and IETF.

So far the IP Telephony is concerned, it appears that both ITU-T and IETF
have to work cooperatively in many areas for the foreseeable future because
they need each other for interworking among their standards. It is a need
for the interest of the users of the whole world.

Keeping the great spirit, let us see how we can work better in the future.
As per suggestion of Bob, we would request Tom to have a post analysis what
we need to have for more successes like this overcoming the cultural clashes
between the two great organizations for the benefit of the international
community.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T