H.323 Annex D

Francois Audet audet at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Fri Feb 25 13:55:59 EST 2000

Hi, Everyone:

We are all aware that many works related to H.323-SIP Interworking works are
being proposed including IMTC and TIPHON. I am also in touch with Ayse
Dilber of AT&T. These organizations are primarily chartered for
interoperability agreements, testing, etc. and do NOT create standards per
se. Like TIPHON, they are willing to send a liaison to the ITU-T SG16
recommending the requirements.

In the same fashion, TIPHON and IMTC are also working for H.323 mobility
works. That does not mean that the SG16 should not do the H.323 mobility
work.

The H.323 and SIP standards are created by the ITU-T and IETF, respectively
and these standards organizations are the right bodies to create the
standards that are recognized internationally.

I am again quoting from decision taken in the last SG16 meeting TD-74
(Plen), Section 3.8.5.1, p-48:

"... Invite contributions on how to approach the work. Need to get scenarios
for progressing work in a controlled architectural approach. Ms. Levin has
volunteered to draft a framework.  ..."

We are proceeding to work along this line in the SG16.

Best Regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T
+1 732 420 1580